Baltimore Disability Lawyers
Health Conditions Covered Under SSDI and SSI
The Social Security Administration maintains a large listing of impairments that qualify a person to receive disability payments. The list includes a general overview of each condition as well as detailed requirements for restrictions and supportive medical evidence. If a particular condition does not appear on the SSA’s list of impairments, it does not necessarily mean that the person will not be covered. It may, however, require additional medical evidence that is presented in a careful and thoughtful manner. A Maryland Social Security disability lawyer will put forward the strongest case possible in order to achieve the best outcome.
The following are examples of some of the conditions cited in the SSA Listing of Impairments. Click on the underlined conditions to see the medical criteria for the evaluation of impairments as provided by Social Security Administration.
- Musculoskeletal System – Amputation, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Back Pain, Bone Fractures, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Herniated Disc, Osteoarthritis, Soft Tissue Injury (Burns), Spinal Cord Injury
- Special Senses and Speech – Blindness, Deafness, Loss of Speech
- Respiratory System – Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Chronic Lung Infections, Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
- Cardiovascular System – Atrial Fibrillation, Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure (Hypertension), Mitral Valve Prolapse, Raynaud’s Disease, Symptomatic Congenital Heart Disease
- Digestive System – Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, GERD, Hepatitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Liver Disease, Short Bowl Syndrome, Ulcers
- Genitourinary Disorders – Disorders likely to cause Chronic Kidney Disease
- Hematological Disorders – Anemia, Blood Diseases, Disorders of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Multiple Myeloma, Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassemia
- Skin Disorders – Bullous Diseases, Chronic Infections of the Skin and Mucous Membranes, Dermatitis, Genetic Photosensitivity Disorders, Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Endocrine Disorders – Diabetes, Graves’ disease, Obesity, Thyroid Gland Disorders
- Congenital Disorders that Affect Multiple Body Systems – Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, Non-Mosaic Down Syndrome, Phenylketonuria (PKU), Tay-Sachs Disease, Trisomy X Syndrome (XXX Syndrome)
- Neurological Disorders – Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Grand Mal Seizure, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Paralysis, Petit Mal Seizure, Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mental Disorders – Addiction, Anxiety, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Bi-Polar Disorder, Eating Disorders, Depression, Intellectual Disability, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Schizophrenia
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases – Acute or Chronic Leukemia, Brain Tumors, Cancer, Lymphoma, Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Immune System Disorders – Epstein-Barr Virus, HIV/AIDS, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis
Maryland Social Security Disability Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Represent Those Suffering With Disabilities
At LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, our experienced and compassionate Baltimore disability lawyers are committed to assisting people with all types of disabilities. If you need help in determining whether your condition meets or equals a disability listing, or if you would like a free review of your case, contact us online or call 800-547-4LAW (4529) today to arrange a meeting with a qualified Maryland Social Security disability lawyer.